But you also need to do it if you want to install a system update. Or perhaps you’ve installed so many tweaks and mods that you just want to get back to some semblance of normality. CesiumOS is new to the game, but already looking good and something which worth a try. The team behind CesiumOS explains it as a “Something born out of a sea of similar-looking AOSP ROMs”.
- Developers behind the popular TWRP custom recovery have now added official support for the Redmi Note 8/8T, Xiaomi Mi 9, and Realme X2 Pro.
- Windows PC.
- The MIUI 12.5 update rollout has picked up steam over the last few weeks.
- If you have any doubts while using the Mi Flash Tool, do let us know in the below comments.
- Google still needs to manually whitelist the devices, partly because accurate sensor calibration is a mandatory step for the AR features to work properly.
The ROM comes in a compressed file with a zip extension, which contains the Flash file, the Flash Tool, the USB driver, and the instruction manual. After Unzip the said package, you have to open the unzip folder. The folder contained required XIAOMI REDMI NOTE , Flashing Tool and compatible USB Driver as require. The Flash File will help you Upgrade, Downgrade, or re-install the Stock Firmware (OS) on your Mobile Device. In addition, the Flash File (ROM) also enables you to repair the Mobile device if facing any Software Issue, Bootloop Issue, IMEI Issue, or Dead Issue. After downloading the firmware from above link, get a functional USB cable, then follow the instructions via this link to learn how to flash Xiaomi fastboot and recovery firmware. Download either the fastboot or recovery firmware from the link(s) below and follow the recommended flashing instructions immediately after the download options.
Besides cooking up CesiumOS, XDA Senior Member Sahil_Sonar has also released an OrangeFox Recovery build for this phone as well. This popular fork of TWRP fully supports MIUI update zip flashing as well as an integrated Magisk flasher. Download the OrangeFox Recovery package from the link below. If you’re a fan of barebone stock Android, you can also try out the Potato Open Sauce Project, AKA POSP.
The stock ROM is the pre-installed operating system in your device. The stock ROM has limited functionalities that are defined by the phone’s manufacturer.
- Here are some of the key features and specifications of the newly launched Redmi Note 8 Pro smartphone.
- Download the OrangeFox Recovery package from the link below.
- The Redmi Note 8 Pro was the clear star of the show, featuring a quad 64MP camera setup, a decently performing MediaTek Helio G90T processor, and an extensive feature set.
- But now, the wait is finally over, as both, the Xiaomi Mi A3 and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro are now finally receiving their official Android 10 updates.
Open the updater app on your phone – firmware files Select the three dots from the top corner and choose the update package. Browse through the files and select the package ending with .zip extension. This method could be really helpful when reinstalling the “Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Global firmware” on your device.